The English Concert (TEC) has been a world leader amongst period instrument orchestras since the 1970s. It has a strong presence in the UK, with a range of performances in London and across the UK, tours worldwide and especially in the USA where it is supported by a thriving American charity, The English Concert in America, Inc. and has an ongoing Carnegie Hall partnership.
In recent years TEC’s work has expanded, now spanning opera, classical and baroque performance, collaboration with other art forms, education and recordings. TEC has just announced a 5 year partnership with Garsington Opera.
It is fortunate in having many of Europe’s finest musicians in the orchestra and a stable and loyal orchestra membership. Reporting to the Chair and Board of Trustees, and working closely with the Artistic Director Harry Bicket, the Chief Executive will play a crucial role in continuing to develop TEC’s work in the UK and internationally and lead the management team.
- Lead and drive the business of TEC and sell the orchestra to promoters, agents and festivals in the UK, USA, Europe and beyond
- Work with the Board and others to maximise fundraised income from non-concert sources
- Represent the orchestra publicly, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders and ensure that TEC is well marketed
- Explore and develop partnerships, relationships and new ways of working which will bring TEC into fresh areas, helping it grow in new directions.
- Dynamic, experienced and highly motivated with proven ability as a salesperson
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Well-developed strategic, communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability in fundraising
- A broad knowledge and passion for classical music and the classical music market.
For further information and a candidate brief containing application details please see www.berwickpartners.co.uk/69821 or contact us quoting reference 69821.
Closing date for applications is midnight Monday 26th November 2018.
The English Concert is an equal opportunities employer.